Standard Floor Loom, 8 Shaft, 10 Treadle, High Castle, in Maple 36″ with FREE BENCH through 1-31-18!
The Standard floor loom comes in two styles: The Standard Low Castle and The Standard High Castle and through the month of January 2018 Schacht’s including a free bench with the purchase of a Standard loom!
- Though both looms take up identical floor space, the lower profile of the Low Castle model appears visually smaller.
- A High Castle loom includes a storage tray and holes drilled in the top of the castle uprights for the swivel pin of an extension lamp, otherwise the looms function the same.
- Both the Standard Low Castle and the Standard High Castle looms are availablein 36″ and 46″ wide weaving widths.
- All Standard floor looms may be ordered with eight or Four Now-Four Later* shaft options. The number of shafts you choose will depend on the kind of weaving you intend to do. Though most weave structures can be woven on four shafts, additional shafts increase your pattern options extensively. If you have a keen interest in pattern drafting and weave structures, eight shafts will allow you to fully develop this interest.
- The Schacht Standard floor loom has an under-slung jack mechanism to raise the shafts. The jacks pivot from two points equidistant from the center and lift the shafts by pushing up on the center point. They employ a parallel lamm system which gives their looms a light treadling action. Because of this parallel lamm, it isn’t necessary to adjust the tie-up cords.
- Their tie-up system is quick and easy to use. Pre-measured nylon tie-up cords hang from the lamms and are attached to a treadle by sliding the appropriate cords into the treadle slot. This makes changing tie-ups very fast.
- Other special features of the Schacht Standard floor looms include: friction reducing aluminum shaft channels, a back beam which folds with or without a warp on the loom, removable back and breast beams, and an adjustable open-sided beater.
- The braking system employs a ratchet and dog on the cloth beam and a friction brake on the warp beam. This combination gives you precise tension control at all times.
*”Four Now – Four Later” (4N4L) is an eight harness loom shipped with only four harnesses installed, but with the capacity to add an additional four harnesses. You can purchase a kit to add four harnesses at a later time. 4N4L looms are shipped with all the heddles, tie-ups and other items normally included with an eight harness loom.